Thursday, September 19, 2013

Eff you Facebook

Yesterday I quit Facebook.

I may have shot Mark Zuckerburg the bird on my way out for ruining my perfect ideas about who people really are on the inside. For the past month or so I've read post after post of ugliness and judgement. Perhaps I'm hyper-aware of it because of our work with Bright Blessings. Maybe it's because we're making small changes as a family to consume less of the crap big corporations and their marketing teams tell us we need. Or maybe it's because I have simply had enough of all the whining and complaining about our first world, middle class problems. Whatever the reason, Facebook has not been uplifting or satisfying for me in quite some time. I quit for about an hour a month ago but Sassy Britches made me come back. This time I'm taking at least a month long hiatus. I'm hoping that the break will be good for my heart and soul and either I'll come back with a little more compassion for all people, even the ones who stand on my very last nerve complaining about their bottled water not being cold, or I'll clear out my "friends" list and shoot everyone the bird. Either way, I am enjoying the time away while simultaneously missing the updates and pictures from the people I actually like and whose posts enrich my life. For now I'm using Pinterest as a substitute to suck all of my time away. Y'all can follow me over there and take a look at my Crafts and Schmidt board where I aspire to be far more industrious than I actually am.

1 comment: